European Health Insurance Card

Visiting another European country (EEA) you will need a European Health Insurance Card

If you visit an EEA country (or Switzerland) you are covered for any necessary medical treatment during your time there. This includes treatment for care you may have been receiving for chronic conditions in the UK but it does not cover the cost of care if the sole reason for your visit is to obtain treatment for an existing condition.

You will need to apply for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) if you normally live in the UK. You will be treated on the same terms as for a resident of the country you are visiting.

You can get an EHIC by applying to the NHS Business Services Authority (BSA),

either directly online, at (delivery within 7 days)
or - by telephone, on 0845 606 2030 (delivery within 10 days)
or - by post (delivery within 21 days).

You are advised to continue to take out travel insurance for your holiday

AntiCoagulation Europe, PO Box 405, Bromley, Kent BR2 9WP. Registered Charity: 1090250
Privacy | Terms & Conditions © Anticoagulation Europe 2011
Web design by Bright White Space