The Anticoagulation in Practice Society (AiP) is dedicated to improving the understanding and management of anticoagulation for healthcare professionals and for patients.
What is AiP
Anticoagulation in Practice (AiP) in its current form was established approximately seven years ago and comprises healthcare professionals and patients interested in the area of anticoagulation.
Healthcare professionals include GPs,practice nurses, pharmacists, healthcare scientists, haematologists, community nurses and anticoagulation specialist nurses.
Previously a collective of special interest groups, the AiP Society has developed into a more robust body, unifying the concerns of both healthcare professionals and patients into a single organisation.
With the collective expertise of the AiP Society our aim is to
- develop and produce guidance for anticoagulation practitioners, for example guidance around the use of the new oral anticoagulants, translating trial evidence into real life situations
- provide a central point of information relevant to anticoagulation management
- develop high quality educational activities
- support practitioner level research
- provide opportunities to attend scientific conferences for those working directly with patients
- improve patient services and patient safety
- be an effective voice for informing policy development at all levels
The annual AiP conference has grown since 2004 to become a major event in the calendar for all those with an interest in the practicalities of anticoagulation management.
The AiP Society aspires to represent all healthcare professionals and patients involved with anticoagulation management in the UK.
Please do join us in being part of this exciting initiative.
Anticoagulation in Practice (AiP) Society
To have greater involvement with the AiP Society please contact Amy Partleton email@example.com.